Roku error code 014.50
While trying to connect the Roku to the internet, users often get Roku error code 014.50 on their device. You may have chosen the correct Wi-Fi network, and also entered the correct password, but your device may fail to connect to the internet even after that. The reason could be the poor signal strength of the WiFi. If you are also getting the Roku error code 014.50 on your device while trying to connect the Roku to the network, read this post. Here, we have shared some simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to deal with this problem so that you can continue using Roku services without any trouble.
How to Fix Roku error code 014.50?
If you see the Roku error code 014.50 appearing on your screen, you can try to reboot the router by unplugging it from the power outlet and after sometime plugging it again. You can also try to change the router’s wireless security mode to “WPA-TSK” to fix this problem.
Below we are sharing the simple step by step guidelines you can follow to get rid of this problem:
- Restart your Roku device.
- On the Roku Player, Go to the Settings. Choose the ‘System’ and click on the ‘System Restart’ option.
- If you are using the Roku TV, you need to restart it as well. For this, go to the settings, click on System>>Power>. System Restart option.
- Another method you can follow is to detach the device cable from the power supply and wait for a while. After that, get back again.
- You can also follow the instructions mentioned in your router’s manufacturer’s guide to restart it.
- Plug out the power cord from the router’s rear, and reconnect it after some time.
- Or, find the reset button on your Roku device and press it.
- Give some time to both the devices to restart.
- Go to your account and change the channels until you see that your Roku device is able to connect to Wi-Fi.
- Once you are done with the process, your device will automatically pair if they were connected.
Hopefully, with the help of these simple guidelines for error code 014.50 Roku fix, you would be able to troubleshoot the problem. But, if you are still unable to connect your local device to a Wi-Fi network, we suggest you get in touch with the Roku team and take their advice to find and fix the problem. The experts can help you to find the root cause behind the Wi-Fi connectivity issue and share the helpful guidelines that would resolve your problem.