Roku Setup With Wireless Router
Have you recently purchased a new Roku device? Well! To use the Roku services, you need to complete the Roku Setup With Wireless Router. You have a remote handy by using the device on a different network, but connecting the Roku to the new network without remote can be a quite tricky process. If you have the Wi-Fi network name and password saved on your device, you can set up the mobile hotspot on your smartphone for creating a Wi-Fi access point for your device. Before you proceed with the process, just make sure that you have the Roku mobile application installed on your smartphone. The application is available for Android and IOS platforms. In this guide, we are sharing the simple instructions that can help you to complete the Roku Setup With Wireless Router on your device. Have a look.
Roku setup with the wireless router: Steps to Follow
Turn on your Roku device. When first power on your device, the guided setup process will begin automatically. This process can help you to set up a connection between your home network and the internet.
Connect to the Wi-Fi
- During the Roku Setup With Wireless Router, you will be asked to do the mentioned things:
- Select ‘wireless’ because you are connecting your Roku device to the home wireless network.
- Now you will see the list of available networks, from this list, you need to choose your home wi-fi network. If due to any reason, your home wi-fi network is not showing in the list, you need to click on ‘scan again’ option.
- To access the Wi-Fi network, you need to enter the Wi-Fi password in the mentioned field. Once you have entered the password, click on connect. Now your device will be connected to your home wi-fi network.
Once your device has successfully made the network connection, the latest software update will automatically be installed on your device ( if available), and your device will restart.
Update Network Settings
If by any chance, you are supposed to modify the connection, then, access the settings menu following the steps below:
- Press the ‘home’ button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll up and down with the help of Arrow keys and click on the Settings option.
- Select Network>> Setup Connection>> Wireless.
- Select your home network from the list available showing the results. Enter the password and connect to Wi-Fi.
These are some simple guidelines that can help you to complete Roku setup with the wireless router for your device.
How to connect your Roku to Wi-Fi using the mobile hotspot?
Before you proceed, just note that not every mobile plan includes hotspot access. Do not forget to check your wireless service plan before use the hotspot access on your device. Otherwise, you may end up paying the additional service cost.
For Android device: Follow The Steps Below
- Go to the ‘settings’ menu on your smartphone device and tap the’ mobile hotspot’ option.
- Tap on ‘ set up a mobile hotspot’ to go to the hotspot menu.
- Here, you will be prompted to proceed to the next menu after seeing the mobile data usage. Click on the ok button.
- From the hotspot menu, at the Wi-Fi network information saved on your Roku device. Enter the Wi-Fi network name and password.
- Save the created hotspot.
- Check the setting and connection instructions before you activate the hotspot.
The Botton Line
With the help of the above-mentioned instructions, you can connect Roku to WiFi or a mobile hotspot to access the Roku services. While connecting the Roku to Wi-Fi, make sure that you enter the correct password, otherwise, you won’t be able to complete the process. However, if you are still unable to connect your device to the Wi-Fi network, we recommend you to contact Roku experts and take their advice to fix the problem.