Roku streaming stick setup
Roku streaming stick takes all the capabilities of the Roku box and combines them into a small thumb drive size form. With Roku streaming stick setup, you can enjoy streaming videos in high resolution and watch your favourite movies, shows, stream music and a lot more. The streaming stick can work with any TV that supports the HDMI connection and directly connect to the HDMI port of the TV. In order to use the Roku services, you need to complete a Roku streaming stick setup. In this guide, we are sharing the simple step by step instructions that can help you to complete the setup.
Setting up your Roku streaming stick: Setup Guide
- The first screen will display you the options to choose the language. All the dialogue and text within the Roku app will be shown in the chosen language.
- Scroll to the down, and hit the ‘ok’ button on Roku remote to select the language.
Connect Roku Streaming Stick to the internet
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks and type the password. Make sure that you connect to the same network you are using to connect your smartphone or computer to the internet. If you are unable to find an option, you need to run the scanning process again to check for your network.
- Now, you need to enter the password, to make sure that you have entered the correct password you can choose ‘Show Password’ option and check the password. This can help you to prevent typing the wrong password. Do not forget that passwords are case-sensitive, you can use the shift button present on the screen keyboard to type the capital letters.
- Once you have entered the password, click to connect. Your Roku streaming stick will be connected to the internet without any trouble.
Download the Latest Software
- Once you are successfully connected to the internet, the Roku streaming stick will start downloading the latest software version available for your Roku and after that reboot.
Set display type
- To proceed with the Roku stick setup, set your display type and let your Roku stick automatically detect the best display solution for you so that you do not need to configure it manually. If you want to change the display type, you can simply go to the settings>> display type.
Setup Roku enhanced remote to control your television
- Click on check remote settings to set up your Roku enhanced remote automatically to control the power and volume of your television. You can also set up the remote using the settings menu anytime you want. Go to the Settings>.Remote>>Setup Remote for TV Control.
Activate the Roku Streaming Stick
- For completing the Roku streaming stick installation, you need to activate the Roku stick by linking it to the Roku account. Your Roku account keeps the track of all the Roku devices that you have owned and allows you to purchase or are the free channels to your device from the Roku channel store.
- To activate the Roku streaming stick, you can follow the instructions that will be displayed on your television. Make sure that you enter the correct activation code to avoid any activation error.
Once you are done with these guidelines, Your streaming stick setup will be completed. The mentioned steps are very simple and easy to follow, just make sure that you follow all the guidelines carefully in the sequence they are mentioned. However, if you are unable to complete the Roku streaming stick setup or encountered any other problem during its installation, you can always contact the experts and take their advice to find it fix the issue.