Roku will not connect to internet
With Roku streaming player, you can access unlimited audio and video content online anytime you want. To make this work, you will require a strong and stable internet connection. Many of the users often complain that their device shows ‘ Roku will not connect to internet‘ error. Are you facing the same trouble with your Roku device? Well! If your ‘Roku will not connect to internet’ you can follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines and fix this problem to continue using the Roku services.
How to troubleshoot Roku that won’t connect to internet?
When you set up your Roku device to stream the online content, you must connect your device to the home network in the same way you connect your smartphone or PC. All you need is to choose your Wi-Fi network name and enter the password to connect to Roku. However, Sometimes, the users are unable to establish a successful connection and often end up with an error ‘Roku will not connect to wifi’. There could be a number of possible reasons due to which your Roku device may not connect to the Wi-Fi. Below we have shared some common errors screen examples that you may see while your Roku device encounters the connectivity issue
- Unable to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Wireless connection with a cross sign.
- Not connected to the internet.
- loading, Please wait.
In order to fix Roku will not connect to internet, you need to follow certain troubleshooting guidelines. Below we have mentioned the step-by-step instructions that can help you to deal with this problem:
Enter the correct name of your Wi-Fi network
- Your Roku will not connect to Wi-Fi if you haven’t chosen the right wireless network name for the connectivity. To make sure that you entered the correct name.
- Enter the correct password.
- If you have entered the password but unable to connect the device then try to re-enter it. Sometimes, we enter the wrong password by mistake due to which our device is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network. Check and make sure that you have entered the correct password. Also, remember that the password is case sensitive, you can use the shift button to enter the capital letters. If you don’t know the password, reset it.
Check if the router is working fine
- Check and make sure that there is no problem with your router. In case, there is any trouble with the router or its signals, we suggest you contact the router manufacturer and take their advice to fix the problem.
Improve the Wi-Fi signal strength
- If you have entered the correct password, and the other devices are also connected to the same network but your device is unable to connect, then there is a problem with your wireless signal strength. Your Wi-Fi signal for getting weaker the farther your devices from the router. Make sure there is no obstacle between the router and the Roku device.
Restart your device and the router
- You can restart the Roku device and router to get rid of this issue.
- To restart Roku, go to the ‘settings>> system>> system restart. If you want to restart the Roku TV, go to the settings>> power>> system restart. You can also unplug the device from the power outlet and wait for a while. After that reconnect the device.
- To restart the router, check the manual instructions. In some cases, you can just unplug the router and then plug-in back after a while.
- Both the devices will take a few minutes to complete.
Hopefully, With the help of the above guidelines, you will be able to troubleshoot if Roku will not connect to internet problems on your device. In case, you are still unable to fix the problem, we suggest you get in touch with the Roku professionals and take their assistance to troubleshoot the connectivity errors.