Set up Roku wifi without remote
If you are finding a way to set up Roku wifi without a remote, have a glimpse of this post. Although, remote control helps the users to operate their devices from a far distance wirelessly. You can connect the Roku device to the internet using a wireless connection efficiently. But, you can also choose another way to connect your device to the wireless network. All the Roku devices are dispatched with remote control. But, unlike the normal remotes, the Roku remote control supports Wi-Fi connectivity for connecting the streaming devices which means if the remote stops working, they cannot watch their favourite shows unless they choose to Setup up Roku wifi without remote. In this post, we are going to share the simple step by step guidelines that can help you to set up your Roku TV without remote control:
Before you proceed with this process, it is important to check and make sure that you have a good internet connection for connecting to the Roku device without a remote. For the remote setup, it is very important to have a strong and stable internet connection.
Ways to use the mobile device as Roku Remote
With Roku streaming services, users can stream their favourite entertainment content anytime they want. The content is fetched from the internet and displayed on the screens of users. If you want to Setup up Roku wifi without remote, you need to carefully consider the guidelines below:
- Launch the Roku Application.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see the remote icon, you have to tap on that icon to open the remote.
- The default layout closely matches the Hardware remote. Punch the keys and use the application as a regular Roku TV remote.
How to set up Roku tv without a remote?
If you want to stream the online entertainment content it is necessary for you to set up your device. In case you do not have the Roku remote control, you can follow the guidelines below to set up the device without remote:
- Users must have the two smartphones with the Roku app installed in one of them.
- Go to the ‘Mobile Settings’ screen and click on the ‘grid-shaped’ icon.
- Click the ‘Mobile Hot-Spot’ option.
- Select ‘Setup Mobile Hotspot’ option to open the HotSpot menu.
- On the status screen of mobile data usage, Hit the Ok button.
- Now, you need to provide all the required details that you have saved on your Roku device. For example Wi-Fi network information like security key or network name.
- Save the settings. Hit the ‘Ok’ button to activate the Hotspot on your mobile.
- Connect the second smartphone to the hotspot carefully.
- Open the Roku application, scroll down and click on the remote icon.
- Turn on your Roku device, and go to the ‘Network Settings’ window.
- Here you can change the network settings and match them with your new wireless network that is supposed to be connected.
- Now, turn off the mobile hotspot and connect it to the network to which your Roku device is connected.
Ways to access the settings on Roku TV without remote:
- On your smartphone device, open the Roku app.
- Under the menu, go to the drop-down list.
- here, select the Roku Search option and check out the channels.
- All the requested content and channels are fetched from the Roku channel store.
- From the channel list, choose the channel as per your preferences.
- Check the methods of adding and removing the channels.
For adding or removing the channels, follow the steps below:
- Go to the home screen, find the ‘streaming channel’ option and click on it.
- Using the required credentials, log in to the Roku account.
- After the successful login, you can choose the channels of your choice and click on the ‘Add Channels’ option to add those channels.
- At last, you need to key in the Pin according to the account settings. If you haven’t set any PIN, it will be added to your channel list automatically.
With these simple guidelines, you can set up Roku wifi without a remote. Follow the steps carefully to avoid any mistakes in the process. In case, you are unable to set up your device without a remote with the mentioned steps, we recommend you contact the Roku experts and take care of this problem.